Pudge Wars
Welcome to the official Pudge Wars website! Please log in or register for free to enable posting on the forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pudge Wars
Welcome to the official Pudge Wars website! Please log in or register for free to enable posting on the forums.
Pudge Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 1% rule, The 90-9-1 Principle and Why This Place is a Ghost Town?

2 posters

Go down

The 1% rule, The 90-9-1 Principle and Why This Place is a Ghost Town? Empty The 1% rule, The 90-9-1 Principle and Why This Place is a Ghost Town?

Post by AlphaWolf 14/01/14, 12:46 pm

This forum is a ghost town, a dead forum, i had to tell you this may be the last legit topic, i mean this is the last topic that is not a spam. If you are a member of this forum years ago, you pretty much know this is already like a place rarely visited, nearly all the time this forum has a new member, the member does nothing, post nothing and basically does nothing and thats it. Do you want to know why that happens? Its because of the 1% rule which i think exists nearly all of the forums. You may already know the 1% rule but if you don,t know let me explain it to you.                                                 
The 1% rule, The 90-9-1 Principle and Why This Place is a Ghost Town? 220px-1percentrule.svg                                                                                                                As you can see in the above photo, there are 90% Lurkers, 9% Contributors and 1% Creators. This is known as the 90-9-1 principle. The Lurkers contribute nothing but view content or view topics, the Contributors edit and modify a content or create topics and the Creators actively create new content or actively post topics. So thats like saying that in a forum with a 100 members registered, there would be 90 Lurkers, 9 Contributors and 1 Creator. As of now, we have 100 members, so yeah that explains why this forum is a ghost town.                                                                         
Discuss!

Last edited by AlphaWolf on 14/01/14, 01:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : How to add polls? Help me)

AlphaWolf

Back to top Go down

The 1% rule, The 90-9-1 Principle and Why This Place is a Ghost Town? Empty Re: The 1% rule, The 90-9-1 Principle and Why This Place is a Ghost Town?

Post by fiedore 16/04/20, 09:19 pm

For some reason I got a newsletter from this forum today with this post being the hot topic. Pudge wars was super fun back in the day, but I suppose with the recent changes to war 3 by Blizzard it might not even work!

fiedore

Back to top Go down