Pudge Wars
Welcome to the official Pudge Wars website! Please log in or register for free to enable posting on the forums.

Split (PL Ultimate)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Split (PL Ultimate)

Post by Siraraz on 12/12/11, 12:37 pm

It's TOO broken. It's extremely powerful with the thunder powerup because the cooldown on the meat hook for the mini-pudges is not working properly (yet ANOTHER fault of mine). Also, they're ridiculously easy to kill with land mines and toss. They only have 500 HP as well. They're also extremely powerful without a powerup anyways because of the broken cooldown. So I'm been thinking of reworking it.

I've been thinking of making it sort of like this:

You don't control the mini-pudges, you instead control one unit that basically controls each of the mini-pudges. You can still select the mini-pudges, but they can't be controlled. The control unit is not visible to other players and only you can select it. This control unit has four abilities: Meat Hook [1], Meat Hook [2], Meat Hook [3], Meat Hook [All]. They fire meat hook corresponding to the mini-pudge (which doesn't matter, they'll all come from the same position basically). The Meat Hook [All] ability would fire all meat hooks at the targeted location. The meat hooks will still deal extra damage to enemies.

Although the control unit is not visible to other players, you can still hook and damage it. The damage dealt is reflected upon the mini-pudges. The damage dealt to the control unit will be split onto the mini-pudges. All mini-pudges either die at the same time or not, unlike currently, where you can kill one and have the others still living. You can't headshot the control unit though.

The hitpoints of the 'unit' is being decided. Perhaps it should remain the same as the real pudge? This would make the ability useful only for getting yourself off hooks. But late game it will be almost useless because meat hooks will be incredibly fast and hard to detach yourself from (too fast). However, itwould make split an offensive ability because it grants you bonus % damage with meat hook. It'd also be offensive because thunder would still work well with it (you create 3 thunder novas which is quite damaging).

Thoughts?
Siraraz
Developer
Developer

View user profile http://pudgewars.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Split (PL Ultimate)

Post by Mr_Bean on 12/12/11, 12:54 pm

Wow, sounds complicated; or maybe my brain is switched off after school Very Happy

What do you mean by "The control unit is not visible to other players"? It is invisible? Everything sounds fine. I think the hit points should be the same as your Pudge before he activates Split.

Mr_Bean
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Siraraz on 12/12/11, 01:00 pm

Most likely your brain switched off after school; mine would Razz It's not too complicated.

Well, I'll compare this to something familiar (hopefully) - N'aix from DotA. Do you know Infest? You are given control of a unit that allows you decide when to tear up the infested unit. It's sort of like that. Hmm... would you understand things if I explained it in terms with modding wc3? I'm just going to give the control unit no art model. Triggers will still select it for you, but no other player can because it has no selection areas in it's model (which is blank). So to answer your question, no - it is not 'invisible' (if you mean invisible in wc3 terms). If not, yes, it's not visible on the screen.

Siraraz
Developer
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Bean on 12/12/11, 01:04 pm

Okay, that helps! I am very familiar with DotA and N'aix and fairly familiar with the World Editor. Very Happy

Mr_Bean
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Siraraz on 12/12/11, 01:12 pm

Is there anything other than complexity? Do you think it'll be a good idea? Should Split stay the same or change to this idea?

*Pokes Mr_Bean*
Siraraz
Developer
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Bean on 12/12/11, 01:17 pm

Personally, I haven't experienced any major problems with Split. I suppose I haven't been playing Pudge Wars as much as I should, but the game is so fast-paced that I don't really notice these things. When you die, it isn't as serious as it is in DotA, so I don't notice whether Spilt is over-powered or not.

Mr_Bean
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_LiSa on 12/12/11, 08:53 pm

With my translator did I small that understand from your words of Siraraz
As understood that fixing PL Ult because many bugs and very power hooks and etc .
But how not simpler it is simple to think of other Ultimate for PL ???
Mr_LiSa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Siraraz on 13/12/11, 04:23 am

Mr_Bean wrote:Personally, I haven't experienced any major problems with Split. I suppose I haven't been playing Pudge Wars as much as I should, but the game is so fast-paced that I don't really notice these things. When you die, it isn't as serious as it is in DotA, so I don't notice whether Spilt is over-powered or not.

Fair enough then. I guess I tend to notice what's works well and what doesn't in matches I play.

Mr_LiSa wrote:With my translator did I small that understand from your words of Siraraz
As understood that fixing PL Ult because many bugs and very power hooks and etc .
But how not simpler it is simple to think of other Ultimate for PL ???

Uhm. When I finish, I will upload map so you can test what PL Ult change to.
Siraraz
Developer
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by Daeman on 30/12/11, 02:51 pm

Siraraz wrote:ridiculously
worth word to describe PL ultimate. =) BTW now it's called Azwraith Lance, so now it's AL.)
Siraraz wrote:cooldown on the meat hook for the mini-pudges is not working properly
In this case maybe it would good to add some delay between thunders. For example, thunder may work only every 3.5 sec and not more often with Meat Hook and every 5 (is CD 5?) on Grappling Hook. Another way to balance Thunder rune with PL (excuse me, AL=)) ultimate is to make Mini-Pudge trigger special thunder effect, that damage 1/3 of normal amount of dmg.
Siraraz wrote:This control unit has four abilities: Meat Hook [1], Meat Hook [2], Meat Hook [3], Meat Hook [All].
I already know proper hotkeys for Toss: W/E/R — for Mini-Pudge 1/2/3 and T for all. ^_^
Siraraz wrote:All mini-pudges either die at the same time or not, unlike currently, where you can kill one and have the others still living.
In my opinion, each Mini-Pudge should have its own HP. So AoE damage will be dealt to each Mini-Pudge but directional damage (like regular attack) will affect only one, and Mini-Pudges this way may die on same time or not.
Siraraz wrote:The hitpoints of the 'unit' is being decided. Perhaps it should remain the same as the real pudge?
I think Pudge's HP should share among Mini-Pudges: each of these get 33,33% HP of the current main Pudge HP.

Daeman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_LiSa on 30/12/11, 08:55 pm

to me the idea of siraraz's pleased regarding "single" pudge, because now he is vulnerable to toss(3 hooks it and so quite good bonus, and yet and imune almost to all items ...)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Siraraz on 02/01/12, 04:08 pm

Daeman

At the moment, I’ve made the thunder damage deal only 33% when under split formation. I think that should be sufficient for now, although the lightning chaining still deals quite a bit when added up.

I like the unison of the mini-pudges - they die at the same time or they don’t die at all (this is what I meant by ‘they die at the same time or not’). Also how would you hook the mini-pudges?

I’ve already made it so that the control unit has the same hp as before the split happened. So split on low hp is relatively useless if you’re going to die soon.

Mr_LiSa

So you are happy with the new idea?
Siraraz
Developer
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_LiSa on 02/01/12, 04:52 pm

all norm santa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

IMO

Post by Daeman on 06/01/12, 09:35 pm

Siraraz wrote:Also how would you hook the mini-pudges?
Mini-Pudges should be untossable in future as they are now. Maybe, make hooks deal them damage without catching?
Siraraz wrote:I like the unison of the mini-pudges - they die at the same time or they don’t die at all
Excuse me, Siraraz, but I mentioned
Daeman wrote:each Mini-Pudge should have its own HP. So AoE damage will be dealt to each Mini-Pudge but directional damage (like regular attack) will affect only one, and Mini-Pudges this way may die on same time or not.

Daeman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Bean on 06/01/12, 10:48 pm

I must agree with Siraraz. Seeing 1 rotating mini-pudge looks strange. They should die at the same time in my opinion.

Mr_Bean
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Siraraz on 08/01/12, 10:01 am

Daeman wrote:Mini-Pudges should be untossable in future as they are now. Maybe, make hooks deal them damage without catching?

Did you mean unhookable =P? I guess that method would mean the defense factor of the item is enhanced.

Daeman wrote:each Mini-Pudge should have its own HP. So AoE damage will be dealt to each Mini-Pudge but directional damage (like regular attack) will affect only one, and Mini-Pudges this way may die on same time or not.

I am not fully understanding what you are trying to tell me Sad So the mini-pudge are counted as individual units? So you can attack one of them?
Siraraz
Developer
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by Daeman on 08/01/12, 11:10 am

Siraraz wrote:So the mini-pudge are counted as individual units? So you can attack one of them?
You understood me right. Each of them should have its own HP.

Daeman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Siraraz on 08/01/12, 12:55 pm

If you can attack one of them, and damage is dealt to that mini-pudge alone, how would they be able to die at the same time if the HP is not the same among all three?
Siraraz
Developer
Developer

Back to top Go down

Splitting

Post by Daeman on 09/01/12, 09:14 am

Siraraz wrote:how would they be able to die at the same time if the HP is not the same among all three?

In my opinion they should not die at same time, as I already said. Yes, they should have one main invisible pudge, but it's only for controlling all of them. So, for instance, if mini-pudge #1 has died, contolling pudge lose ability Meat Hook #1.

Daeman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Siraraz on 09/01/12, 11:02 am

Daeman wrote:
In my opinion they should not die at same time, as I already said. Yes, they should have one main invisible pudge, but it's only for controlling all of them. So, for instance, if mini-pudge #1 has died, contolling pudge lose ability Meat Hook #1.

It's sort of weird to have only one or two Mini-Pudges rotating, though. Perhaps when one dies, they aren't removed from the rotation group, but rather made transparent and unselectable. Although I still don't think it would work well. I don't think Azwraith's Lance worked well at all.

Siraraz
Developer
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by neseri on 21/01/12, 04:40 am

about the split thing

i didnt read everything here, but in the first post siraraz says its too overpowered with the hooks and thunder p-up
and lacks on HP, the mini pudges have only 500 hp

i would suggest that the mini pudges have like 1000 hp each, the complete damage taken to one of them will be shared to all, for example , you are attacked with 150 damage (ordinary hit), now the damage is shared, each one receives 50 damage., at this point i would suggest they can be hooked, but you decide weather they can be pulled... Smile
neseri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top